Huge Memorial Day Sale! May 11-22, 2015
Anita Goodesigns event June 19-20, 2015
Send us an email for request on classes and also things you would like our store to stock, teach or ways we can improve! We love your feedback!
Huge Memorial Day Sale! May 11-22, 2015
Huge Memorial Day Sale! Fabric 25% off even already clearance Fabrics. Patterns are all 20% off. Sulky products 15% off. Clearance Tables 10% off Sale Price. Vacuums are 10% off. Excell sewing thread 3 for a $1. Just a quick note starter kits will be given for all sewing/embroidery machine sales. Come on in and enjoy the store savings!!!
- There are no calendar items for this month or next month.
Sewing Machine Center & Fabric
Fabric 25% off.
May, June, & July Classes.
Quilt block of the month Monday May 18, 2015 @ 10:00 a.m. price $20.
Tree of Life Wednesday May 20,2015 @ 10:00 a.m. prepaid.
Artistic class out fonts on vinyl and card stock. Thursday May 21, 2015 @ 10:00 a.m. price $8.
Store will be closed May 22-25, 2015 for Memorial Day. God bless each of you!
Sewing and quilting organizer Thursday May 26, 2015 @ 10:00
a.m. price $25.
Continued Education for the Janome 15000 Friday May 28, 2015 @ 10:00 A.M.
Burlap Wreath class Friday May 29, 2015 @ 10:00 a.m. price $25.
June class schedule
Serger project: Flat Lock Fringe Place mats. Monday June 1, 2015 @ 10:00 a.m. please make sure serger is in Good working order. $20
Spring Bag oh so very pretty. Thursday June 4,2015 @ 10:00 a.m.
Anita Goodesigns Monday June 8, 2015 @ 10:00 a.m.
Continued Education class for Janome 12000 Tuesday June 9, 2015 @ 10:00 a.m.
Learn how to take designs from internet or disc and put them on a USB stick or ATA cards. Wednesday June 10, 2015 @ 2:00 p.m. No Charge come on in and learn!!!
Floriani TCU workshop with Trevor Conquergood. Friday June 12, 2015 @ 10:00 a.m. price $5.
Block of the month Monday June 15, 2015 @ 10:00 am price $20.
SIT AND SEW. Tuesday June 16, 2015 @ 10:00 a.m.
Hooded Towel sewing project Thursday June 18, 2015 @ 10:00 a.m. price $18.
My Decorative Quilter June 19, 2015 @ 10:00 a.m. Taught by Carol Carney! price $15.
Black work pillow class we will be using Floriani fusible stabilizer Monday June 22, 2015 @ 10:00 a.m. price $15.
Tree of Like Wednesday June 25, 2015 @ 10:00 a.m.
Artistic Edge Thursday June 25, 2015 @ 10:00 a.m. price is unknown at this time.
Continued Education on Janome 15000 Friday June 26, 2015 @ 10:00 a.m.
I-pad zip bag hundreds of uses. Tuesday June 30, 2015 @ 10:00 a.m.
Serger class Wednesday July 1, 2015 @ 10:00 a.m.
Stabilizer class Thursday July 2, 2015 @ 10:00 a.m.
we are CLOSED July 3-5, 2015.
Have a Great 4th of July Weekend.
Anita Goodesign project Monday July 6, 2015 @ 10:00 a.m.
Key Chain zip bag Thursday July 9, 2015 @ 10:00 a.m. it can even fit your I-phone with a cover on it. So Cool. its a must do class. price $15.
FTCU-workshop class Friday July 10, 2015 @ 10:00 a.m. price $5.
Block of the month Monday July 13,2015 @ 10:00 a.m. price $20.
set and sew Wed July 15, 2015
@ 10:00 a.m.
Mom and My matching Dresses with optional monogram Thursday July 16, 2015 @ 10:00 a.m. Price is unknown at this time :(
Stabilizer Organizer this is a most do project as well. Monday July 20, 2015 @ 10:00 a.m. price $40.
Tree of life Wednesday July 22, 2015 @ 10:00 a.m.
Artistic Class Thursday July 23, 2015 @ 10:00 a.m. Price is unknown at this time.
Stabilizer Class Saturday July 25, 2015 @ 10:00 a.m. this class is free please bring a note pad and pencil.
Paper Piecing by Pat Dieterich!
Amazing and very doable if given good direction. that's what pat is for. Lol. join in on the fun. Tuesday July 28, 2015 @ 10:00 a.m. Price $15
Reversible fabric trey Thursday July 30, 2015 @ 10:00 a.m. price $20. Pattern included in kit.
We will be adding more classes and information soon. Have a blessed day.
I can not say enough great things about Jeannie and Patrick. I have bought two machines from them. They always help me with any questions. Best service and great machines. Thank you guys so much. Happy happy happy!!!! Casey C.
Carol V If you love to sew and embroider, you need to be a customer of Sewing Machine Center. I have a Janome and love it. They have the best customer service of any place of business I have been to in a long time. Always polite and will go out of their way to help you. Thank you for always taking care of me and in a timely fashion. Alot of nice and caring people.
Great customer service! They make you feel like family. I love taking classes here!!
Great customer service, and great quality products and machines!
I really like the people there and the help they give you.
Very nice people in a wonderful store full of Great Items, especially with all the material in stock now.
From a fresh selection of fabric to a huge assortment of thread, embroidery supplies and notions, The Sewing Machine Center is the best source for all things sewing in the Fort Smith, Arkansas, area. Our store features a full line of Janome and Elna sewing machines, along with parts and accessories, and on-site maintenance and repair services. We also offer a wide range of classes, taught in a casual, no-pressure atmosphere, for sewing enthusiasts of all skill levels. We specialize in exceptional customer service, with a friendly, well-trained staff that’s always on hand to offer attentive, personalized assistance!
Frequently Asked Questions
|Binding Small Projects or Wall Hangings|
Binding Small Projects or Wall Hangings
The single fold binding is one of the most traditional and is suitable for tablerunners, placemats and wall hangings.
Supplies and Notions
- A project ready for binding
- Janome Sewing Machine
- Blind Hem Foot G
- Fabric for binding
- All-purpose sewing thread
- All quilting on your project should be finished. Square up the project, trimming all layers (top, batting, backing) so that they are even. Before applying binding, sew a 1/4" around the outside edge. This will keep the fabric layers from shifting while binding is being applied. To reduce bulk in the seam, you may wish to trim the batting from the hem area.
- Measure the length of each side. (Opposite sides should be approximately the same length). Cut 4 strips of fabric 2 1/2" wide times the measurement plus 2". (Note: The strips are cut on the straight grain of fabric. It is a misconception that binding has to be cut on the bias. This is only necessary if the sides of your project are scalloped or curved. These instructions are for straight edge binding, not for curves.)
- On one edge of each of the strips, iron under 1/2".
- Place all-purpose sewing thread in needle and bobbin.
- Select a straight stitch. Snap on the "A" foot.
- Place the un-ironed raw edge of the strip to the wrong side of the project, having all raw edges even. Sew, from end to end, using a 1/2" seam allowance. (Note: If sewing with the Memory Craft 9000, use the Cloth Guide for straight 1/2" seams).
- Sew another strip to the opposite side.
- Wrap binding to the right side placing the folded edge of the binding just over the seamline. Pin in place.
- Snap on the "G" foot. Place the metal guide of the foot on the folded edge of the binding. Sew along the edge of the fold. (Note: Depending on the loft on the edge of the project, you may need to adjust the needle position to make sure you are sewing on the binding).
- Repeat for the opposite side.
- Trim binding ends even with the project.
- Sew the two remaining strips, having the binding extend 1/2" to 1" beyond the project at each end.
- To finish the four ends, fold the binding over twice to conceal the raw edge and slipstitch or machine stitch in place.
|Help my machine was fine and now....|
Thread Needle Tension
Re thread pull spool totally off of machine and start fresh. Needle replace needle could be bent and Tension if you have automatic tension then get a flashlight and see if there is something stuck (due to thread break) if this does not fix replace your thread with a different spool and change your bobbin!